Become a member
Vision & Mission
Who we are
The Association of CGD Entities (ACE) is a not-for-profit company established under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013, With the primary mission of promoting and advancing the City Gas Distribution (CGD) sector in India. Founded on December 30, 2020, and headquartered in Delhi, ACE brings together a consortium of visionary entities committed to the advancement of the CGD industry. The founding members of ACE include Adani Total Gas Ltd, Gujarat Gas Ltd. AG&P Pratham, THINK Gas Distribution Pvt. Ltd., Torrent Gas Private Limited, Unison Enviro Pvt. Ltd., Haryana City Gas Distribution Ltd, and IRM Energy Limited.
- To promote, aid, help, encourage, develop, protect and secure the interests of the companies involved in the City Gas Distribution (CG) in India and other related entities.
- To promote awareness about the latest developments in the GD industry and to disseminate knowledge amongst its members and the general public regarding such development.
- To provide for the members a place of meeting so as to enable them to work in consensus to achieve common goals for the overall betterment of their industry and to have a common platform/ forum at which they may air their grievances and arrive at solutions.
- To take up the matters relating to the GD sector with the Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board, India (PNGRB) and the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG) taking into consideration the common concerns of the CGD entities.
- To make representations and interact with various Central and State Government departments, agencies and undertakings like Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organisation (PESO), National Highways Authority of India (NHAI), Railways, Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF), Oil marketing and Gas transmission companies etc. on common issues faced by the CGD entities.
- To partner with other bodies / associations for effective advocacy, supporting platforms for effective discussions on various issues.
- To provide a platform to exchange different ideas that can help GD sector to innovate and adopt best practices for speedy implementation of the projects.
- To promote the growth of friendly relations amongst the members and amongst persons engaged in setting up the CGD networks in various locations in India and especially to encourage co-operation among the members so as to maximize mutual benefits.
- To undertake such studies as may be required to evolve best practices for the industry such that the CGD Operations in India are benchmarked to the best in the world.
- To protect all its members from persons or entities who carry on unfair and/or unethical practices or who discredit the CGD industry.
- To actively participate on the matters of Climate Change Initiatives and dialogues and Energy Conservation Initiatives so as to put forth Industry’s views on the same.
Overview of CGD sector
Shri Atanu Chakraborty
Shri Amitava Sengupta
Shri Deepak Dalal
Shri Suresh Manglani
Shri Abhilesh Gupta
Shri Devendra Agarwal
Shri Venkatesh Palimpati
Shri Ashish Kataria
Shri Rahul Chopra
Shri Karan Kaushal
Deputy Director General
Shri Kedar Kaushik
To make Natural Gas, the cleaner fuel, preferred choice for household and transportation sector in India by ensuing cooperation & collaboration amongst stakeholders and promoting innovation & best practices in the industry.
Association of CGD Entities (ACE) works towards creating a conducive and sustainable environment for development of CGD Sector resulting in faster proliferation of PNG & CNG across country, by sensitising various stakeholders including Governments and Regulators, through advisory and consultative processes.